ABOUT BILL :
Bill Leach is the Vice President of Information Technology Security and Government Services at Transformyx. Bill has been working within the fields of Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, and Compliance since 1986 starting with the United States Navy in electronic intelligence security. During his military career, he advanced to the senior enlisted ranks and earned his commission while graduating from the University of Auburn in 1996. Bill had four tours of duty as the Information Assurance Manager for the Navy Reserve Forces Command and was responsible for the certification and accreditation of over 600 reserve centers across the United States. Bill’s expertise is primarily in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity with specializations in healthcare, financial and government sectors.
- Over seven years’ experience managing a Network/Security Operations Center for the United States Navy Reserve and private sector and was trained as a manager at the eight-week United States Air Force Advanced Network Technology System (ANTS) course which was taught at Keesler AFB. I also worked with Information Security Operations to design security standards for IT initiatives, including the evaluation of the enterprise architecture, hardware, software, and technical controls.
- Over fifteen years’ experience creating Information Technology (IT) Governance, or Information Protection, programs consisting of company security policies, procedures, designs, networks, application deployments, and implementation of business support systems.
- Presented Information Security topics for business-specific issues to executive leadership, department heads and the board of directors. Served as a CISO, Compliance Officer, Privacy Officer, and established “best in class” programs for establishing and maintaining compliance. Acted as the principal advisor to executive management (C-Level) within the military and for other businesses within the healthcare space.
- CISSP Certified (over 14 years) with over 17 years of experience in leading Information Assurance Programs, over five years teaching information security courses as a contract instructor (e.g., CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacking, Information System Security Manager/Information System Security Officer, and Security+) and over ten years’ experience as a CISO in government, financial and healthcare industries.
- Created a Data Analytics/Business Intelligence Solution for tracking compliance within Tableau to help gain and maintain HITRUST Certification for a medium-sized healthcare company.
- Over the last eight years honed and acquired experiences as a Director of a PMO who managed seven IT Project Managers in support of a healthcare software development business and Strategic Sourcing Manager supporting integration and management of best in class technologies.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified in SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- ISACA Certified in Risk and Information Systems
- Control (CRISC) and Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- HITRUST Certified CSF Practitioner
- Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP) and Certified
- HIPAA Security Specialist (CHSS)
- Lean Six Sigma Green BeltLean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity from Regis University (NSA/DHS Accredited)
- Master of Science in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity from Regis University
- Master of Science in Computer Science with a thesis in Information Assurance from SLU
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Management Information Systems