ABOUT CHUCK :
Chuck Smith is the Vice President of Engineering Services at Transformyx. With over 22 years’ experience, Chuck has had the opportunity to work both as a customer and as a partner in all aspects of Information Technology. Chuck is a 12+ year CCIE veteran as well holds various other professional certifications from other technology vendors.
- Leads a team of 20+ individuals (engineers and project managers) toward successful migrations and deployment of on-premise and cloud services for all enterprise, healthcare, education, and SMB clients of Transformyx. This includes network, servers, storage, security, wireless, and voice applications.
- Major impact on the success of the audit of the Cisco Cloud-Powered Datacenter certification currently held by the Transformyx Data Center.
- A key player in the turnup of the IaaS hardware and software deployment at the Transformyx Datacenter which included Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus Switching (9000 Series and 1000V virtual switching), Cisco ASR Internet Edge Routers, Cisco Virtual ASA, VMWare ESXi, VMWare vCloud Director, Veeam DRaaS/B&R, and NetApp storage networking.
- Experienced in the design and deployment of physical security systems including access control and video surveillance.
- Lead multiple large Cisco UC deployments (2000+ handset) at various businesses, healthcare, government, and education customers.
- Completed several successful migrations from on-premise to cloud applications and services. (AWS, Azure, Office 365)
- Fluent in the design, deployment, and maintenance of Cisco Security products including Next-Generation Firewalls, Identity Services Engine, Meraki Cloud Gateways, Advanced Malware Protection, IOS Zone-Based Firewall, and Anyconnect VPN.
- Designed and implemented company-wide applications, OS, and services deployment strategy using various tools from Microsoft and Connectwise Automate.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) #18186 in Collaboration
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (R&S)